• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom ROM help for Ring

5fdprox

Hey all,went from an optimus elite,to a kyocera event,to the galaxy ring which is like a new world for me,rooted them all,custom ROM'd the optimus,and rooted Ring with Framaroot 1.9.1(thanks so much dev's:D) I know its the first day of having this phone but im getting excited and hopeful theres a link to get CWM recovery in the phone,tried and true?,and if so is Cyanogen or AOKP a choice? I searched the Forums here and XDA and couldnt seem to find a walkthrough of it..Thanks for your time!To any Dev's out there, all of you rock,thanks for all your knowledge and wonderful Android presents that make this platform better and better everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Dunno how i missed that one,eek! Deodexed means that I can essentially make my own ROM by replacing stock apk's,maybe themeing? One more thing, Ive always owned less than great phones,always tweaking them with different apps and different settings to my liking ing to get the best picture,cpu setting etc,do you think an app like Pimp My Rom,or Andromizer would be something to try on this phone? I feel like after being able to Custom ROM on the optimus elite I cant find a new adventure to get into on a phone (Being a person new to all this Android awesomeness!!) that doesnt have custom ROM's. I enjoyed having lots of choices,tweaks etc out of one phone. Thanks so much for your time!

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Dunno how i missed that one,eek! Deodexed means that I can essentially make my own ROM by replacing stock apk's,maybe themeing?

YEP

One more thing, Ive always owned less than great phones,always tweaking them with different apps and different settings to my liking ing to get the best picture,cpu setting etc,do you think an app like Pimp My Rom,or Andromizer would be something to try on this phone?

NOT SURE. BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP AND TRY :)

I feel like after being able to Custom ROM on the optimus elite I cant find a new adventure to get into on a phone (Being a person new to all this Android awesomeness!!) that doesnt have custom ROM's. I enjoyed having lots of choices,tweaks etc out of one phone. Thanks so much for your time!

:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom