• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM not working

droidolution

Dec 29, 2011
hi guys...
I was on Hybrid V1 till two days back. I have flashed Hybrid V3 latter. It is a good rom but I was not as happy as I was with V1. So tried to enter recovery to roll back to V1 but nothing happened. I was just stuck on MMX logo. I've tried every possible way including uninstalling rom manager and installed another version but still the same persists. Even deleted the CWM folder from the directory and flashed the recovery thrice but still unsuccessful to enter recovery. I am totally stuck at this point and badly need the V1 back. Can you guys help me out pls...

PS: I was on CWM 4.3.2.3 and currently on 4.8.1.3.

hi guys...
I was on Hybrid V1 till two days back. I have flashed Hybrid V3 latter. It is a good rom but I was not as happy as I was with V1. So tried to enter recovery to roll back to V1 but nothing happened. I was just stuck on MMX logo. I've tried every possible way including uninstalling rom manager and installed another version but still the same persists. Even deleted the CWM folder from the directory and flashed the recovery thrice but still unsuccessful to enter recovery. I am totally stuck at this point and badly need the V1 back. Can you guys help me out pls...

PS: I was on CWM 4.3.2.3 and currently on 4.8.1.3.

Grab these
http://playfuldroidz.com/media/A70/CWM-A70.zip
http://playfuldroidz.com/media/A70/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img
Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery5.img...extract the zip file...the recovery img should be in the same folder u extracted the zip file
Switch off ur mob...while holding the camera button plug in ur usb cable to the phone and computer(camera button should be completely pressed)...
then open command prompt and then open the folder where u hav extracted ur zip file in the command promp and then type
1)fastboot-windows devices(to check if ur mob is connected)
If ur mob is connected it'l give a serial number
2)now type fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery5.img
3)now type fastboot-windows reboot(ur phone should restart)...
try booting to recovery now...it should be done....

if this doesn't work out try flashing rz recovery....

Reactions: droidolution
Upvote 0
Grab these
http://playfuldroidz.com/media/A70/CWM-A70.zip
http://playfuldroidz.com/media/A70/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img
Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery5.img...extract the zip file...the recovery img should be in the same folder u extracted the zip file
Switch off ur mob...while holding the camera button plug in ur usb cable to the phone and computer(camera button should be completely pressed)...
then open command prompt and then open the folder where u hav extracted ur zip file and then type
1)fastboot-windows devices(to check if ur mob is connected)
If ur mob is connected it'l give a serial number
2)now type fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery5.img
3)now type fastboot-windows reboot(ur phone should restart)...
try booting to recovery now...it should be done....

if this doesn't work out try flashing rz recovery....

Bro.. im not so good with fastboot in a70... but now my phone is connected in fast boot mode... as i've dowloaded recovery and recovery img and tried the commands my cmd reports
"fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

even how can i flash rz recovery... i've already downloaded rz recovery but see no options to flash it :(

Upvote 0
oh i think i made a mistake while typing...hold the camera button and connect to ur comp while the phone is switched off
>type fastboot-windows devices.....i had forgotten to type devices

i can see my phone connected as 'Android' in the ports. But again when I give the commands it is showing

"fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

how can this be??

Upvote 0
it is NOT fastboot-windows........................
IT IS fastboot-windows devices.....
make sure u have extracted the zip file which u downloaded and placed the recovery.img file in the folder where u have extracted the zip file....also make sure that u have opened the folder where u have extracted the zip in ur command prompt....the command works only when u have opened the folder wher u extracted the zip file in command prompt..

P.S:-Make sure u have renamed the recovery.img file to recovery5.img......
Read my first post correctly...it should work

Reactions: droidolution
Upvote 0
it is NOT fastboot-windows........................
IT IS fastboot-windows devices.....
make sure u have extracted the zip file which u downloaded and placed the recovery.img file in the folder where u have extracted the zip file....also make sure that u have opened the folder where u have extracted the zip in ur command prompt....the command works only when u have opened the folder wher u extracted the zip file in command prompt..

P.S:-Make sure u have renamed the recovery.img file to recovery5.img......
Read my first post correctly...it should work

my savior... thanks a lot bro... works like a charm.... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones