• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod

Don't try. So far there is no working CyanogenMod ROM for MarvelC/CDMA, unless for some reason you have a Virgin Mobile that's GSM.

Don't try. So far there is no working CyanogenMod ROM for MarvelC/CDMA, unless for some reason you have a Virgin Mobile that's GSM.
there is one cymod rom for the virgin mobile phones but its still a beta and from what i hear it doesnt have amarket in it yet so it would be kinda useless unless u install apps from sd card

there is one cymod rom for the virgin mobile phones but its still a beta and from what i hear it doesnt have amarket in it yet so it would be kinda useless unless u install apps from sd card
I'm currently running said CM7 ROM for Marvelc/CDMA phones. It runs beautifully, if you can get past a few glitches.

-Camera doesn't work. Will reboot phone, and battery must be pulled for it to reboot properly. Otherwise, it hangs at bootscreen.
-Videos don't work, so don't expect YouTube to work.
-YOU MUST INSTALL GAPPS SEPERATELY! This is why there is no Market.
-Bluetooth doesn't pair correctly, but it does function and scan.
-Multimedia messages do not work, even when adding your APN's properly.

To be honest, coming from a phone that ran CM7 great, this is a welcome ROM for me. I don't use my camera enough to care, I don't do videos on my phone, and I only receive MMS. I never send them lol. I do miss Bluetooth and my A2DP headset. (I MISS MY WIRELESS NOISEBOX IN MAH EAR!!!)

My phone is rooted(S-Off) but is there a good rom that has no glitches or anything and works perfect for the wildfire s?

this is the rom i am using and i love it
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...-roms-team-marvelusc-everything-you-need.html

out of the box there isnt much free space, but i added a second parition to my sd card that is 400mb and formated it in ext3 and i used link2sd to move alot of my apps, and my dalvik cache to the card and now i have tons and tons of room

everything works the only exception is the terminal program that comes with the rom dosent work but most ppl wont need this anyways

once u have the custom recovery installed u can download "rom manager"

click on download roms and click on team marvelusc and u can download and install the rom

u need to flash clockwork recover 5.0.2.6 first though
cw 5.0.2.7 and sw 5.0.2.8 will not work for some reason on the virgin mobile phones

i tried for a total of 10 hours trying to get 5.0.2.8 to flash a rom before i downgraded it to 5.0.2.6 and the rom flashed the first time around

when time permits i am going to work on a new rom for the vm wildfire s

Do I go to update?
PG76IMG.zip
put the zip file on the root of ur sd card then pull the phone battery and hold vol down and power it will flash the recovery

then reboot ur phone and delete the file off ur sd card,

once thats done goto market and search for "rom manager" and install that
from there u can download and install the new rom

PG76IMG.zip
put the zip file on the root of ur sd card then pull the phone battery and hold vol down and power it will flash the recovery

then reboot ur phone and delete the file off ur sd card,

once thats done goto market and search for "rom manager" and install that
from there u can download and install the new rom
How long would it take?

Back
Top Bottom