• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data lost

dazcaz

I have just had my Z repaired by HTC. The ribbon cable between the screen and the main body cracked. The repair took less than one week so I'm very happy.

The phone came back as factory default.
I could not back up my phone before sending it away as I could not see the screen so when I connected it to my computer I could not tell the phone what I wanted it to do...

So needless to say, I have lost nearly all my stuff.

I thought the Market kept a record of the apps used. Sadly it only keeps records of the PAID for apps.

Gmail backed up flawlessly.

I thought that Google kept a back up of all the contacts.
Sadly it only kept SOME of them. Lots of e-mail addresses, but not many phone numbers. All the numbers that I use regularly are gone, but the unimportant ones are still there!!!!!. Why are/were only some contacts backed up by Google?

The calendar has backed up fine.

The annoying thing is that all the stuff that has backed up fully is also replicated elsewhere on other computers etc. it's only the phone only stauff that hasn't.
I could not use HTC sync as I run a Mac and HTC to not have a version of Sync that runs on a Mac.

The phone came back with Android 2.3.3, and HTC Sense 2.1. The rumour that repaired phone come back with Sense 3.0 appears to be wrong.

A few weeks ago, I moved a load of the apps to the SD card... They are not there. There are folders there but the ones for the apps are empty. I kept the card at home.

I'm quite annoyed that Google has only backed up some of the things it is supposed to. I'd love to know why most of my useful contacts are missing. I would understand if it were all my contacts. why are some there and others not? Why did it save the e-mail addresses but not the numbers?
Baffles me!

if anyone can spread any light on this, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom