• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data roaming warning

bugpack6

Dec 9, 2010
My Epic touch is getting Data roaming warning all the time. It happens at home while I am on my Wifi network. Why do I always get this. It does a triple beep and the big red warning sign comes up. I have to reset the phone to get the triangle sign that's on top of the signal bars.
Any thoughts on this?

Adding add'l info in case it's helpful.
Settings: Wireless and network: Roaming: Roaming Guard:
* uncheck the box for Domestic data; you can also uncheck the box for Domestic Voice as well as international Voice & Data.

I was told that under our unlimited plan, we could roam (domestically, at least) using voice & data with impunity. Of course, it's worth double-checking yourself.

Upvote 0
Its LOS with the EKO2 modem/kernel if you root and flash a ROM with the EL13 kernal. It will get rid of the roaming bug. I had the same thing happen after I got on EL13 I haven't e xperienced it again. Oh and no use returning phones. All on EK02 have that problem. So its either flash a ROM or wait for Sammy to patch.
I'm contemplating picking up a Galaxy S2. How intrusive is the warning? I know I won't get charged anything extra, but if it's a constant warning, it'd get old fast. Plus I'm not looking to root my phones.

Upvote 0
It all depends on your area's signal strength. Mine wasn't so bad but I've heard some have had it worse. But I wouldn't let it stop you. Sammy will issue a better patch sooner than later and you wouldn't have to root to get it.
I'm not the biggest fan of Samsung after the problems I had with them regarding the Moment when it launched. In fact I said I'd never buy a Samsung phone again, but the Galaxy SII is pretty nice. :)

Upvote 0
I'm contemplating picking up a Galaxy S2. How intrusive is the warning? I know I won't get charged anything extra, but if it's a constant warning, it'd get old fast. Plus I'm not looking to root my phones.

Just to be clear, I don't believe it's "normal" to get this warning on the E4GT ... something funky with the OP's phone. There is a Roaming Guard feature that will warn you if you want, but you *should* be able to turn that off.

Upvote 0
I'm not the biggest fan of Samsung after the problems I had with them regarding the Moment when it launched. In fact I said I'd never buy a Samsung phone again, but the Galaxy SII is pretty nice. :)
I deplore my Moment, It makes a better email reader then a phone. I have had the same thought as you, no more moments. my galaxy S 2 is in the mail.... sorry, back on topic...

Upvote 0
Just to be clear, I don't believe it's "normal" to get this warning on the E4GT ... something funky with the OP's phone. There is a Roaming Guard feature that will warn you if you want, but you *should* be able to turn that off.
I have had my E4GT for a week now and haven't had this warning once, thankfully. Hopefully the OP can take his phone back and get it replaced without hassle.

Upvote 0
I deplore my Moment, It makes a better email reader then a phone. I have had the same thought as you, no more moments. my galaxy S 2 is in the mail.... sorry, back on topic...
I actually still have the Moment (in my desk drawer) because I couldn't sell it after I upgraded to the EVO. When I did upgrade to the EVO, Sprint had a "trade in program" and the value on the Moment (it was brand spanking new after getting a replacement through them) was $0.00. lmao. I will keep the Moment purely as a back up phone just in case.

When I had the issue with the Moment, I spent MONTHS with Samsung trying to get them to admit there was a problem, but they wouldn't. At that point, they said it was EOL (end of life) for the Moment and there would be no more updates for it. When that happened, I said I would never purchase a Samsung phone ever again (which is why I waited 3 months before finally purchasing the GalaxyS2). It's a great phone (the SG2), and hopefully no major issues arise. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones