• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Switch Off

Driftfog

I am off on my holidays soon and dont not fancy running up huge data bills, is it just a case of switching off the Mobile network tick in the settings and Wireless & Networks tab?
Will this stop all mobile data preventing charges and the unit will act just as a phone with wifi?

Thanks guys.

I am off on my holidays soon and dont not fancy running up huge data bills, is it just a case of switching off the Mobile network tick in the settings and Wireless & Networks tab?
Will this stop all mobile data preventing charges and the unit will act just as a phone with wifi?

Thanks guys.

That'll do it!! :)

Enjoy your holiday - going anywhere nice??

Fantastic, I surprise myself sometimes :o

I know... sometimes the answers are really that straight forward! There is an option (if you wanted to use data while abroad) that you can tick that is "allow data roaming" or something like that... as you don't want to be doing that, I didn't mention it in my reply... you're best just using the WIFI though!!

Of to Kos with the family for a couple of weeks :D

Nice! Went a couple of years ago and ended up getting engaged... sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks for the swift answer :D

No worries mate!! :D

Back
Top Bottom