• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Unlimited?

SmoovC

I was surfing AT&T's site, and found an interesting link:

https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?goto=welcome

In the middle of the page, it says "Data Unlimited". Click on the "learn more", and it prompts you to log into your account.

OK, I'll play; what shenanigans is AT&T up to now?

Once you sign in, it says: "unlimited data, only $15 per month".

WTH?! I am grandfather'd in on the unlimited for $30/month, so are they trying to jack me an extra $15 a month for the same service I have now?!

I find it hard to believe they want to knock $15 off my bill..... :rolleyes:

I was surfing AT&T's site, and found an interesting link:

https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?goto=welcome

In the middle of the page, it says "Data Unlimited". Click on the "learn more", and it prompts you to log into your account.

OK, I'll play; what shenanigans is AT&T up to now?

Once you sign in, it says: "unlimited data, only $15 per month".

WTH?! I am grandfather'd in on the unlimited for $30/month, so are they trying to jack me an extra $15 a month for the same service I have now?!

I find it hard to believe they want to knock $15 off my bill..... :rolleyes:

thats for non smartphones

thats for non smartphones

My first thought too, but one would assume they have you log into your account for a reason; like so they can associate your device with a plan, rather than just giving you pricing info without signing in?

Further, it says nothing about devices eligible for the plan, anywhere that I could see.

If you sign up for it, you'll lose your grandfathered $30 plan - when their systems catch on that you are using a smartphone on the dumbphone plan, you will be forced to upgrade to either the 200mb or 2gb plan, with no way to get your unlimited plan back.

If you sign up for it, you'll lose your grandfathered $30 plan - when their systems catch on that you are using a smartphone on the dumbphone plan, you will be forced to upgrade to either the 200mb or 2gb plan, with no way to get your unlimited plan back.

I think that is pretty underhanded of them, to be honest. No qualifiers whatsoever about phones, existing plans, etc. Not that I would fall for it, but I would be one to press the issue with them. ;)

My first thought too, but one would assume they have you log into your account for a reason; like so they can associate your device with a plan, rather than just giving you pricing info without signing in?

Further, it says nothing about devices eligible for the plan, anywhere that I could see.

compatible phones for data unlimited

LG: CF360 , GR500 , gu295 , Neon , Shine II , VU Plus
Motorola: Karma , Tundra
Nokia: 6350 , Mural
Pantech: Breeze II , C530 , Ease , Impact , Link , Pursuit , Reveal
Samsung: A127 , A737 , a777 , Eternity , Flight , Impression a877 , Magnet , Mythic , Rugby , Rugby II , Solstice , Strive , Sunburst
Sharp: fx
Sony Ericsson: C905a , W518a , Z750a

looks like dumbphones to me

compatible phones for data unlimited

LG: CF360 , GR500 , gu295 , Neon , Shine II , VU Plus
Motorola: Karma , Tundra
Nokia: 6350 , Mural
Pantech: Breeze II , C530 , Ease , Impact , Link , Pursuit , Reveal
Samsung: A127 , A737 , a777 , Eternity , Flight , Impression a877 , Magnet , Mythic , Rugby , Rugby II , Solstice , Strive , Sunburst
Sharp: fx
Sony Ericsson: C905a , W518a , Z750a

looks like dumbphones to me

I agree that those are all dumbphones, but my contention is this: if you go through the steps that I took as stated in my first post, it does not say what phones are eligible ANYWHERE.

If one signs up for this , one will surely lose the plan. One has to upgrade to either 200 mb or 2gb plan, with no other way to get the plan back.

Back
Top Bottom