• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root data usage

bill236

Received emails from Boost, they are tracking data usage and I'm almost at my limit, you get 2.5 gigs a month then they slow down your data rate, there is no monthly data plan for the Prevail 2, this sucks, I want my old Prevail back all nicely rooted so Boost never saw it, miss it, anyone have any ideas? please help!

I miss my prevail too :/
Even the 3G was significantly better than on this phone. I don't know how to help though. :/

are you saying they have no way of tracking data use with the old prevail? that doesnt seem right. logging into my boost account i can see the data ive used so far....

am i missing something?

In the 2 years that I was on my old Prevail I never recieved a message from Boost about data usage, it was rooted, CWM, ROM and Kernal 3.68 and Open Garden wifi, I would be on it for 8 hours a day every day using the internet through my laptop, with my new Prevail, 2nd day it was rooted, CWM, no ROM or Kernal yet, but I received 2 messages from Boost telling me that my I had used 85% of my data usage for the month, they give you 2.5 gigs of data usage, if you go over they cut your data speed in half which was my 3rd message. It still works, just a lot slower. I'm waiting to see some of the same people who worked on the old Prevail start to work on the new one, they did outstanding work on it and I really miss my old one, still works, but the USB charging port died and I have no way of fixing it.

:D:D:D:DI got the same thing and thot that sucked i duged thru and found some kinf of solution to that problem get urself xposed installer latest version 2.2 install reboot to take effectin the menu click modules scroll down list find xblast tool v1.5.4 download n install from within xposed installer reboot from framework tab open xblast and tweark the phone change build number etc.. Has great hacks wifi speed hack and 3g speed hack which uncaps speeds/limits and also an option to stop reportin to google and since phones work of google account they wont have slightest clue i think of an accurate usage happy hackin fellow rootz my prevailz 2 speedz 15+ mbps :-d your welcomes and hope this helps anybody with issues in the catagory plus has lots of extra like addin color to signal bars etc like hoe prevail 1 would be green n turn white when no signals etc am tellin yall will enjoy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: BTW XPOSED ONLY WORKS BEST WITH JB 4.x.x+ ANDROIDS

i had the exact same problem with my old prevail charge port crashed and was going to cost a nice penny to replace but check my post might work for you it did for me keep a secret shhhhh but on my boost account it has bout 20+% less it varys to my actual usage

I miss my prevail too :/
Even the 3G was significantly better than on this phone. I don't know how to help though. :/

i had the exact same problem with my old prevail charge port crashed and was going to cost a nice penny to replace but check my post might work for you it did for me keep a secret shhhhh but on my boost account it has bout 20+% less it varys to my actual usage:D:D:D:D:D

The reason why with the old prevail, it wasn't throttling, is because that is a fairly recent decision. Sprint decided that Boost Mobile users were data hogs about two months ago and started throttling everyone. It doesn't matter what phone you have now, If you go over 2.5, it's throttling for you. =/

Back
Top Bottom