• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead Phone & Data

Hi All

I have a HTC Desire C that is only six months old. For some reason one morning it was showing that it was charging and then when I took the charger out the phone would not turn on

Im sending the phone back to have it repaired but is there any way I can get all my numbers off the phone before I send it away? My numbers are in the phone not on my sim :(

My SD card has all my other files and wondering if a back-up of phone contacts is held somewhere please? And if so which folder and the name of the folder please

Many thanks for your help

There's no way you can access it if it's dead, unless it's saved in sim or you backed it up in your google account, My desire c just reboots sometimes when watching so many youtube videos, makes a death beep then reboots, but it never dies. This usually happens when heavyly used, idle for long time then heavily used again, sometimes but with 3.0.86 kernel much stable than 3.0.88. Browsing, flash videos, youtube, games, all works on my rom and kernel, if you have not tried it yet, including transistions.

Try rebooting in bootloader by removing battery and putting it back, hold volume down + power button for 5 secs then perhaps a factory reset, but might erase contacts.

A factory reset *will* erase contacts.

But unless you can boot into Android there is nothing you can do. If you saved them as Google contacts and allowed syncing they will have been backed up to your Gmail account. Otherwise there will be no backup unless you have made one (either using a backup app or exporting them from the People app).

Back
Top Bottom