• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead pixels

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Is that a good reason to get a replacement, or is it not a big deal? Will it lead to more dead pixels?

Is that a good reason to get a replacement, or is it not a big deal? Will it lead to more dead pixels?

Mine came with one bad pixel and I wouldn't replace it since I only have one replacement left from best buy

...... With that replacement I could either get an Evo V again or wait for a Newer phone to come out

I'm not particularly fond of losing 3D either.......

Dead Pixel Policies vary from company to company...

Believe it or not, not always will you get an exchange/refund for one pixel...it depends where in the screen it is, what color it is...etc...if it's RGB...that's known as a stuck pixel and usually not what they'll replace...

from experience I've had, anyway..

Dead Pixel Policies vary from company to company...

Believe it or not, not always will you get an exchange/refund for one pixel...it depends where in the screen it is, what color it is...etc...if it's RGB...that's known as a stuck pixel and usually not what they'll replace...

from experience I've had, anyway..

Well, mine is really not noticeable until I look for it... Right on the bottom of the top status bar. If it won't cause any future problems then I guess I won't worry about it, but if it can lead to future problems (?) Then I would want to do something. It only shows up on a dark screen. Pretty much the only screen it does show up on is a gray screen. I have done tests with dead pixel locator and I found that out.

Mine came with one bad pixel and I wouldn't replace it since I only have one replacement left from best buy

...... With that replacement I could either get an Evo V again or wait for a Newer phone to come out

I'm not particularly fond of losing 3D either.......

Yes 3d is awesome! Currently running your "power ROM" it is awesome!

It shouldn't get any worse, it's a single transistor that's defective. Panel manufacturers would quickly go out of business if they scrapped every defective chip. If it really bothers you give virgin a call, they're pretty lenient with replacement but there's no guarantee that you won't end up with a worse problem.

Companies generally have a minimum number of dead pixels before they'll consider replacement. Probably depends on the size of the screen as well.

This phone has a problem with dead pixels. My first evo v had around 10 stuck/dead pixels so I returned it and got a new one. Then I investigated the new one that I got as soon as I went home and it had at least 2 dead pixels. I'm still using that phone because I know If I replace it I will just get another phone with dead pixels on the screen! I think that's pathetic.

This phone has a problem with dead pixels. My first evo v had around 10 stuck/dead pixels so I returned it and got a new one. Then I investigated the new one that I got as soon as I went home and it had at least 2 dead pixels. I'm still using that phone because I know If I replace it I will just get another phone with dead pixels on the screen! I think that's pathetic.

Must be just bad luck dude, the Super lcd panel used in this phone is also used in many others, it's manufactured by Samsung and is a top quality product. I personally have 2 3vo's and a Sensation with the same display and there's not a single dead or stuck pixel amongst them.

Must be just bad luck dude, the Super lcd panel used in this phone is also used in many others, it's manufactured by Samsung and is a top quality product. I personally have 2 3vo's and a Sensation with the same display and there's not a single dead or stuck pixel amongst them.

Samsung has their hands in everything these days. Not that its a bad thing. They do make quality products

Samsung was one of the original lcd panel manufacturers, they've been doing it for quite some time. Htc was actually using the Amoled panels until Samsung got stingy with them, but that's actually a good thing, the whole pentile thing ruins text, Sprint felt so strongly about it that theirs is the only S2 without Amoled, they went for the Lcd2 panel instead. Well I guess ours now since it came over to Virgin.

Just curious: is this what causes my dead spot in my phone where my p is when held up and down? Have to switch to landscape anytime I need to type a p.

Just curious: is this what causes my dead spot in my phone where my p is when held up and down? Have to switch to landscape anytime I need to type a p.

No, that sounds more like a faulty digitizer, stuck or dead pixels have absolutely no effect on the touch screen.

Ok. That is the only place that seems to be problem is that one spot. Have figured out that using Swype at least works around the issue.

After pressing blow into the microphone, repeat:p

I did this and repeated five times. The phone when into a boot loop and now sticks it's tongue out at me when I try to start it up. It has also gotten a very bad attitude towards me. It called me Nancy...

I did this and repeated five times. The phone when into a boot loop and now sticks it's tongue out at me when I try to start it up. It has also gotten a very bad attitude towards me. It called me Nancy...

Probably just wants a snickers

Back
Top Bottom