• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default browser for Google Assistant, Bixby, Galaxy s23

Is there a way to have Google assistant use Firefox by default? What about Bixby?

Or is there another voice activated assistant type app that can do similar to what Google assistant does?

Is there a way to have Google assistant use Firefox by default? What about Bixby?

Or is there another voice activated assistant type app that can do similar to what Google assistant does?
is your default browser firefox? go into your phone settings>apps>"choose default apps">chrome browser>change it to whatever browser you like. i think that is the only way to do it. you can also check your google assistant settings as well for app interaction with google assistant.

Firefox is already my default browser. I can ask google assistant to open Firefox, but not search for answers using Firefox.

I was hoping someone could recommend another app that operates similarly to google assistant that would call on Firefox.

Firefox is already my default browser. I can ask google assistant to open Firefox, but not search for answers using Firefox.

I was hoping someone could recommend another app that operates similarly to google assistant that would call on Firefox.
"Gemini itself not a web browser, but a web app that works within supported browsers like Chrome, Safari, and firefox."

Are you referring to Google Gemini? I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I'm looking for to replace google assistant with something that, at least fundamentally works just like it (must be voice activated), but will by default use Firefox, not the Google browser, to present whatever information I seek, unless I specifically tell it to do otherwise, i.e. open a specific app.

So the problem isn't the browser, it's the voice assistant app? Is voice assistance the only requirement, i.e. does it need all of the other features or would just something that uses voice to trigger searches be enough?

I'm afraid I can't suggest one because I don't use any of these things myself (not compatible with my privacy preferences). Just trying to clarify your requirements in case that helps others suggest something appropriate.

So the problem isn't the browser, it's the voice assistant app? Is voice assistance the only requirement, i.e. does it need all of the other features or would just something that uses voice to trigger searches be enough?

I'm afraid I can't suggest one because I don't use any of these things myself (not compatible with my privacy preferences). Just trying to clarify your requirements in case that helps others suggest something appropriat

I'm afraid I can't suggest one because I don't use any of these things myself (not compatible with my privacy preferences). Just trying to clarify your requirements in case that helps others suggest something appropriate.
I'm looking for another app that is comparable to the features and behavior of Google Assistant, but he key factor is that it will use Firefox as it's vehicle. For instance, when you ask the Google Assistant to look for alternatives for Google Assistant, it will uses the Google/Chrome browser to perform perform it's search and render the results.

One more thing. I'm not asking to use another search engine. I prefer Google search.

Whatever assistant I use, I want it to use the Firefox browser, not the Google/Chrome browser.

Are you referring to Google Gemini? I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I'm looking for to replace google assistant with something that, at least fundamentally works just like it (must be voice activated), but will by default use Firefox, not the Google browser, to present whatever information I seek, unless I specifically tell it to do otherwise, i.e. open a specific app.
Yes google Gemini I typed it up though, but you are looking for a different browser?

I'm looking for another app that is comparable to the features and behavior of Google Assistant, but he key factor is that it will use Firefox as it's vehicle. For instance, when you ask the Google Assistant to look for alternatives for Google Assistant, it will uses the Google/Chrome browser to perform perform it's search and render the results.
Assistant can do more than just search. This is what I was trying to clarify: is it just search you want, or some of its other features as well?

Firefox has a voice search option, but you have to open the browser and tap the icon on the input bar. If you set Google as your search engine I imagine that would trigger a Google search, but I you are looking for constant listening & keyword triggers I don't know how to do that. It should be possible to set a shortcut to open the app itself (I could set a double tap on the power key to do this on my s21), but you'd still have to touch the icon - I don't know a way of opening the app directly and activating voice search in a single shortcut.

Back
Top Bottom