• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Desire 1600mAh replacement batteries

heat57

Android Enthusiast
Hi, has anyone any experience with Mugen Power Batteries? I am thinking of getting one from their US site at $45. Are these worth the expense? I am looking for improvement on daily usage. I currently get about 10-12 hours with average use. Would like this to last 24 hours.

They're no better tbh. You either need to get something the size of a brick or work out what is using all the power on your phone.

It also depends on what you call average use.

They're no better tbh. You either need to get something the size of a brick or work out what is using all the power on your phone.

It also depends on what you call average use.

Thanks anyway Dan. However, I am still of the opinion that these devices should last a tad more than a whole day whilst their "smart" capabilities are in use, i.e. push-mail, weather push, bus info (yes, some of us use public transport), plus browsing the web, text messaging and the odd phone conversation and, god forbid, I decide to use Sat-Nav for half-an-hour. Call me an idealist, but modern power technology has advanced in recent years and we are not seeing proper implementation yet! P.S. I am not getting at you Dan.

Well all smartphones are like this to be honest. There have been advances in battery technology, but not at a consumer level yet. A full day is a good result. Its that screen that takes most of the power, followed by 3G / HSDPA

Well all smartphones are like this to be honest. There have been advances in battery technology, but not at a consumer level yet. A full day is a good result. Its that screen that takes most of the power, followed by 3G / HSDPA

Hi
What i want to know is that ae these replacement battieries safe?
I dont mind if they are not that much better. But are they safe to put into the phone. Is it going to damage the phone in any way. Because i want a replacement battery. I just cant decide whether to buy a genuine one or one from this site:
Twin Pack High Capacity Replacement 1600mAh batteries for HTC Desire HD > Memory Cards, Memory Sticks & More

They say that they have a high capacity. Does any1 know whether the batteries on that website look OK. Would you buy from them?
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom