• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire 816 also heading to Sprint and Boost??

sirrx7

I looked through the files in the nandroid that was posted for the VM version of the 816.
Inside, I noticed that they have included boot animations for Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile. They also seem to have prop files for each carrier. I'm guessing a script run on activation decides which becomes default.

Has anyone heard about Sprint or Boost getting the 816? Or did Sprint just have HTC make it available for all 3 because they weren't sure which carrier would get it?

I guess I'll head to the Boost forum and see if they've heard anything.

My phone should be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Hopefully the 816 community grows.

I looked through the files in the nandroid that was posted for the VM version of the 816.
Inside, I noticed that they have included boot animations for Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile. They also seem to have prop files for each carrier. I'm guessing a script run on activation decides which becomes default.

Has anyone heard about Sprint or Boost getting the 816? Or did Sprint just have HTC make it available for all 3 because they weren't sure which carrier would get it?

I guess I'll head to the Boost forum and see if they've heard anything.

My phone should be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Hopefully the 816 community grows.

Wow, a whole year and nobody made a comment or anything. Good to know if you need something answered, the community jumps right in (100% straight sarcasm)

I've got a LG LS660 and we have all 3 carriers files as well (Sprint, Boost, & Virgin). The actual files don't do anything other than splash the startup(boot)/shutdown animations.

Not absolutely sure about this:
The only time that you would need to have the correct animation is during OTA update.

Something or other that has to do with branding, it will supposedly brick the device.

If your running a rooted rom you won't have to worry. Most likely you already removed some bloatware, so the OTA would fail to register any way.

Back
Top Bottom