• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire 816 Notification LED

Rob1956

Lurker
Desire 816 will not flash the led to notify of mail/texts/missed calls, etc.
Have gone to settings>display&gestures>notification light and have appropriate boxes checked, but no led activity at all when receiving these things. Lock screen is not bypassed, have no 3rd party led apps installed. Have done factory reset, which htc said to do, but no good. Anyone else have this issue?
Looked at forum for htc desire, but it said there that solutions may not be appropriate for newer, just released phones, so posting here.

When you reboot, make sure that the Fast Boot option is turned off. Not sure why but on HTC that option when checked makes things function weird.

fastboot is off and I did another hard factory reset and the LED notification system still does not work. I did a self diagnosis and the LED passed all the tests.

I have the current version upgraded to my phone, turned off the Fast Boot.. emailed myself to test the LED and it doesn't light up. The only time the LED lights up is when I'm charging. But not for texts or emails. edit: not rooted. just got it Sunday.

mamak: make sure your phone is not on the charger. The led notification doesn't work if the phone is on the charger.
Stupid, but true.

Back
Top Bottom