• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire switching off while charging?

Shazbat

Jul 17, 2010
My 6-month old Desire has taken to occasionally turning itself off while charging. I had it on charge in hubby's car, then felt it vibrate half a dozen times (it was in my lap due to the length of the in-car lead) and switch off. It then took ages to reboot, stuck on the O2 Welcome screen, and I had to take out and replace the battery before it would work again. This has happened a couple of times so thought it just didn't like the power supply from the car (sometimes my iPod doesn't work in his car either). He has a separate 12v socket as well as the cigarette lighter.

Then, while charging at home from the PC the same thing happened. And now it's happened while at work, also charging from my PC, but I just noticed that the charge light had gone off. I guess it did the mult-vibrate thing as well but didn't notice, although usually the vibrate does sound quite loud at work as it's stood on a plastic document holder.

Any clues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones