• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deutsche Telekom accepts Softbank's offer to buy T-Mobile

zametupe.jpg

Source: http://www.fiercewireless.com/special-reports/what-would-combined-sprint-and-t-mobile-look

It actually looks like t-mobile has more native coverage than sprint

Wow looking good for T-Mobile . I hope sprint don't bring us down and have someone out to buy us all in a year . I am just saying. Metro first merger now sprint . not many more for a buy but hope sprint don't bring us all down.

Looks like you're right. I thought their voice network was larger than that :confused:

there's a lot of roaming that shows as native coverage on their maps when it's really not that's why sometimes chunks of covered areas dissappear from the maps because they didn't renew the deal

I would assume voice and data since it's native coverage and that would at least be voice and data on 1x for Sprint and EDGE for T-Mobile

I question that article, largely because of the idea that the various prepaid companies would become "Framily". That a postpaid program, one that has been mostly ridiculed for their branding, would replace all the corporate owned prepaid brands (I can think of 5: T-Mobile prepaid, Sprint prepaid, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and Boost) just isn't realistic.

I question that article, largely because of the idea that the various prepaid companies would become "Framily". That a postpaid program, one that has been mostly ridiculed for their branding, would replace all the corporate owned prepaid brands (I can think of 5: T-Mobile prepaid, Sprint prepaid, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and Boost) just isn't realistic.
well check the source if you want, you may come to the same conclusion. worst part is I can see the rebrand happening super fast, what is Softbank? where do I go for a deposit...metro T-Mobile boost sprint donning the purple and yellow. prepaid can roam native in Europe and japan...it sounds good to me

well check the source if you want, you may come to the same conclusion. worst part is I can see the rebrand happening super fast, what is Softbank? where do I go for a deposit...metro T-Mobile boost sprint donning the purple and yellow. prepaid can roam native in Europe and japan...it sounds good to me

I'm not questioning most of the article, I have seen other sources claim that they may rebrand as Softbank. I just can't see prepaid becoming "Framily", it makes zero sense. I also can't see them doing away with credit checks, which would mean they couldn't sell phones on credit.

Though I do think it might be interesting to see what happens with Sprint's Framily plan if there is a merger.

Additionally, while the merger may be announced at the Uncarrier event, none of the changes caused by the merger will take effect them -- the deal must be approved by the FCC/Justice Department before things can be merged. T-Mobile would be foolish to make changes Son wants when the merger reportedly has less than 10% chance of being approved.

This whole merger makes me awfully nervous that the gravy train that is the 30 dollar prepaid plan will be killed off. Though I also don't think it will be approved so maybe I have nothing to worry about.

Got me scared cause it will be along time before they have it going in the correct direction with little to no problems . I can see it now call drop and maybe hearing someone else on your line

This whole merger makes me awfully nervous that the gravy train that is the 30 dollar prepaid plan will be killed off. Though I also don't think it will be approved so maybe I have nothing to worry about.

That is likely a good guess, though I also believe they will grandfather those that are currently on the plan. If true, those $30/plan SIMs could become very valuable on eBay. ;)

My work uses Sprint and everyone with a work phone hates it because of the dropped calls and no coverage.

I really don't want to go to Sprint. Had them 10+ years ago and hated it.

Hope they block the merger.

Back
Top Bottom