• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Kernel Source for board msm7627 is released

varun.chitre15

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2011
Sangli
Hello, many of you are surprised by seeing this but yes it has happened. In last few days(months actually) I was roaming around codeaurora and recently they have opened out kernel sources of msm7627 (froyo branch).
This is indeed a surprise to see a light of hope again to rewake the development for this device

Now for developers:
I am going to sync up these sources on XDA build server[a building server dedicated for compiling kernels and ROMs from sources only for Recognized Developers over at XDA] and will do a quick compile using Linaro or GCC 4.5 toolchain
I will try to keep this thread as up to date as I can.
We may or may not succeed at single hit as the sources should be configured to match up till where Micromax had done or maybe not. Lets try.
And if anyone else wishes to help me, don't fear of bricking. A phone bricks only when we mess with bootloader. We don't have access to it. So its safe :)
Go for it.
The relevant information on building can be found on Qualcomm's website and sources for our device are here
https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/froyo
From the list M76XXTSNCJNLYA707909 is ours.

Btw there are even sources released for ICS branch for this board ;)

yeppie....

best luck for devolapers

plz solve that touch screen issue....i already changed my touchpad but problem started again in 15 days, although i have warranty of that bt cant trust micromax as they keep it for months...clean it and return it
(varun ur ics theme link is dead plz provide me new link)

Upvote 0
Hello, many of you are surprised by seeing this but yes it has happened. In last few days(months actually) I was roaming around codeaurora and recently they have opened out kernel sources of msm7627 (froyo branch).
This is indeed a surprise to see a light of hope again to rewake the development for this device

Now for developers:
I am going to sync up these sources on XDA build server[a building server dedicated for compiling kernels and ROMs from sources only for Recognized Developers over at XDA] and will do a quick compile using Linaro or GCC 4.5 toolchain
I will try to keep this thread as up to date as I can.
We may or may not succeed at single hit as the sources should be configured to match up till where Micromax had done or maybe not. Lets try.
And if anyone else wishes to help me, don't fear of bricking. A phone bricks only when we mess with bootloader. We don't have access to it. So its safe :)
Go for it.
The relevant information on building can be found on Qualcomm's website and sources for our device are here
https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/froyo
From the list M76XXTSNCJNLYA707909 is ours.

Btw there are even sources released for ICS branch for this board ;)

how did u find that tis M76XXTSNCJNLYA707909 is for ur phone?.. pls help

Upvote 0
could you sync repo with code aurora.

if yes then how much time did it take, how could you do it.. and what connection please.

any ways great work compiling ext4 module.

Cm7 source syncing 30 seconds :p
Shocked?
Thanks to XDA Build server :p
Will tell about it more later someday it has got some issues :p

Btw we will get upgraded to 2.3 GB??
I don't promise but I am trying my level best and I have support for RDs over at xda this time ;)
Lets see :)

Upvote 0
Alright, I am done with syncing sources, setup device vendor tree too for CM7- the first Gingerbread ROM for A70 ;)
Now I need a tester who will test 2 builds everyday of about 80mb.
I cannot because my connection is superslow.
I will do the first compile tomorrow or day after tomorrow and will create a thread too
Pm me who wishes to test. Lets hope I make around the touchscreen problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones