• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Development] CWM recovery

I got a working ClockworkMod recovery compiled from a developer in XDA. Only thing is, it won't show anything at all in the device screen :( But I can use it through DDMS screencapture tool. It works perfectly, I took backup, restored, mounted USB, etc. See screenshot :
2qm2qeo.jpg

Now my question is : Can you make it show up in the device screen? I believe there is only a minor adjustment needed for the display trouble as everything else is working so perfectly. Please help!

Attaching the recovery here : Please note that I have renamed the .img file to .zip :) Credits for this recovery goes to Eklovya (XDA)

Is this working on a57

I am waiting for someone to run strace in the recovery mode and send me the log..

I can then build a recovery from source for you..

I am waiting for someone to run strace in the recovery mode and send me the log..

I can then build a recovery from source for you..

Please tell us how to do that. I searched a lot but couldn't find the procedure for that. Please guide us. Many of us are ready, but don't know how to run an strace like u said.

Hello,

Now after so many days of trial and error...

I have finally managed to get a working CWM on the phone the A87.

I have a feeling that this would work on the A57 too.

If somebody can test it and let us know, it would be great..

Here is the link - recovery.img

You can flash it through FASTBOOT

If you like to show your appreciation, click the THANKS button.

Is this working on a57

Bro,

We already have working CWM for the phone.. It just that little mod that needs to be done to make it show up on the phone..

I have root micromax a 57 now and install beats audio not working my phone speaker , but clear sound in headphone not take up back up help me i have search lot help me bro

@itzmiandy
after some searching i have some clue of strace, but problem is i cannot get shell in recovery mode, it says "system/bin/sh file or folder not found" solution is to place sh binary in system/bin but its already there, i am able to get shell in normal mode, any leads???
also can u give me exact command to exqt to get ur desire output

@itzmiandy
after some searching i have some clue of strace, but problem is i cannot get shell in recovery mode, it says "system/bin/sh file or folder not found" solution is to place sh binary in system/bin but its already there, i am able to get shell in normal mode, any leads???
also can u give me exact command to exqt to get ur desire output

Yes, sh binary is in the system/bin but not in recovery mode...

You need to push the binary through adb push when you are in the recovery mode and if needed busybox as well and then you will be able to get into shell

<Emails removed by moderator> he is trying to compile a cwm r for a57!! I m testing but I dnt have my pc where all the sdks are but am having a lappy!! so all i can do is test the recoveries!! we should all get together on gtalk!!

chmod is a linux command, am on windows :(

Bro,

I guess you can unpack and repack recovery.img

Unpack the stock recovery.img and add sh and busybox files to it change permissions, pack it again and flash the recovery

Then you will be able to run strace.

Hello,

Now after so many days of trial and error...

I have finally managed to get a working CWM on the phone the A87.

I have a feeling that this would work on the A57 too.

If somebody can test it and let us know, it would be great..

Here is the link - recovery.img

You can flash it through FASTBOOT

If you like to show your appreciation, click the THANKS button.

Hi itzmiandy, thanks for sharing this.
I flashed it and it is working. However i am facing an issue while running the Mastermind script available here: http://androidforums.com/a75-all-th...niversal-method-increase-internal-memory.html i am getting Status(0) error and the install process gets aborted... please help

Back