• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "device failed to install"

Every time I plug my phone into computer, it gets no recognition. No USB prompt from the phone, and no recognition from the PC.

When I plug it into a friend's computer I get "device failed to install" popup. I open device manager, uninstall it, and try again ad nazeam but the same happens every time. It used to work one in ten times and I'd be able to transfer some data over (so long as the cable wasn't jostled or the stars didn't align against me) but now it doesn't work at all.

I've tried 3 different cords which worked fine with other devices. My thinking is that the port on the phone is broken somehow (charges just fine though).

Does anyone think it might be a different issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Otherwise, does anyone know of a way to move files from PC to Phone without using a hard wire?

As an added complication I no longer receive cell service on the phone (I moved to the UK and bought the phone in the USA.

TL;DR: How can I solve the issue of my PC "failing to install" the drivers for my Nexus S over and over. Failing that, how do I move files from PC to Phone without a wire?

Back
Top Bottom