• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did M050 brick anyone else's phone??

CommandoJ

My phone (and all of the 4 Commando 4G's I've had via warranty return) has been about 90% great and had spotty hiccups now and then. But I could put up with those hiccups.

After M050, things went badly, very quickly. After the upgrade I could depend on the phone locking up solid every night in the middle of the night, as well as at least once a day. And everything was SLOW as molasses - nothing worked right. My Android Assistant indicated that the CPU was 50% busy in the SYS category (i.e. not user apps). Because the phone became unusable, I did a factory master reset. It worked great for two days. Then today I pick it up and press the buttons. Nothing... and yet the green message light was blinking. So I removed and re-inserted the battery, and restarted the phone. It booted up fine, but then the screen went blank and it would not come back on at all.

Verizon is sending me another warranty replacement. I wonder how long that one will last? 4 phones in 6 months is not good.

I've had no major problems, but I still have lots of stupid little hiccups. Now that I'm several weeks into the update, nothing significant seems to have changed for the better.

I do know that lately I've been having a LOT of bad calls, all that were dialed by me. Usually once or twice a day, I make a call that ends up with only my voice being heard by either of us (I speak, and hear myself, three seconds later, really loud).

Some other calls have been lousy, but I'm not so sure the update can be blamed for this.

So apparently the phone I had earlier was a bad phone. I've had the replacement running for about two days now with exactly zero lockups, and all of the apps I was using, are back on this new phone. The previous warranty replacement Commando I had was locking up the first day I had it. This phone upgraded itself to M050 when I first turned it on, and I still don't have any issues (knock on wood).

Back
Top Bottom