• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did the guys at sprint mess up my phone??!!!

jdnoriega

Okay guys. Here's my issue. Went to sprint to get the EVO with my wife's upgrade. She was gonna get my Hero. Well...while at the store during the switch the Hero seemed to get stuck at the opening screen.I completely forgot that I had rooted it, and the guy at sprint couldn't do the swap with my Hero. He tried several times, even to the point where I finally told him that I had rooted my phone. He even tried to get a tech to fix it, and the tech said he couldn't touch the phone or he'd get in trouble. If I turn it on, it keeps saying "fresh" and starting up again. Is my phone garbage?? Can I fix it?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Simple, just flash the RUU and you will be fine and your phone will not be rooted anymore also.download it from here and flash your receiver Click HERE

Okay guys. Here's my issue. Went to sprint to get the EVO with my wife's upgrade. She was gonna get my Hero. Well...while at the store during the switch the Hero seemed to get stuck at the opening screen.I completely forgot that I had rooted it, and the guy at sprint couldn't do the swap with my Hero. He tried several times, even to the point where I finally told him that I had rooted my phone. He even tried to get a tech to fix it, and the tech said he couldn't touch the phone or he'd get in trouble. If I turn it on, it keeps saying "fresh" and starting up again. Is my phone garbage?? Can I fix it?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Simple, just flash the RUU and you will be fine and your phone will not be rooted anymore also.download it from here and flash your receiver Click HERE

How EXACTLY do I do that? I see that there are several downloads...and then two types http or ftp. I download the update to my laptop?? then plug my phone in?? then transfer the update to my phone?? I'm sorry...not very tech savvy.

That is correct, download either or they are both the same file 2.1 update, download to PC, then connect phone to PC and open file and it should start loading it to your phone, but it will wipe everything and restore the phone back to factory setting.

Download via FTP (118 MB)

How EXACTLY do I do that? I see that there are several downloads...and then two types http or ftp. I download the update to my laptop?? then plug my phone in?? then transfer the update to my phone?? I'm sorry...not very tech savvy.

Back
Top Bottom