• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did your 4g start working right after activation?

james391

I activated the device about 4 hours ago and so far no 4g. I have restarted it, updated the prl. Any advice would be great.
p.s. i am in a 4g lte area

you dont provide much info. if you can dial out and get the internet then maybe there is a tower issue.

I've run into a similar issue, where an activated Victory doesn't get 4G (only 3G is shown), but I also have an unactivated Victory that does show 4G. Neither is able to surf the internet on 4G though because one was activated on a dummy account VM created for troubleshooting reasons and the other is still brand new.

Is the phone set to LTE/CDMA /EVDO under Network Mode? It should be, as the default setting, but it's also possible to turn off LTE.

Sometimes I seem to have trouble getting 4G as well, but I know there is tower work in my area; the two zip codes nearest me have been listed as having outages on and off for over a month. I do get 4G at my workplace though - upstairs and in the parking lot, but not on the main floor - so I know the phone CAN receive it.

I get 4G in areas on mine, but sometimes those areas stop getting 4G. I do know Sprint is running an upgrade in this area.

For me.....
1. Check that it's not in CDMA only mode
2. Power Down and Pull Battery for a few minutes
3. Factory Reset (I have backup to restore from)

EDIT: When you update the Profile or PRL, does it go to 4G?

Back
Top Bottom