• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different browsers used in 2.1 ROMS?

JB in AZ

Android Expert
I have a strange issue. I use the BofA app. (NOT the BofA text reminders that mess up the sms messages!) With Android 1.5, the BofA app would remember the device, and all was good. After trying several ROMs, I have now settled for the time being on the Zen Roms. Using 0.9.6OC, the BofA app will still remember me. I upgraded to ZenEXP0.9.6.3, and the app will no longer remember me. Every time I log in, I have to answer the security questions, even though I tell it to remember this device.

Today, I tried the rooted version of the Sprint 2.1 (.6) and it won't remember my device either. HUH?

What is the difference between the browsers in these roms that would make this happen? The settings seem to be the same, remember passwords and form data are both checked. Under Menu/settings/about phone/software info, all show "webkit 3.1.

FWIW, I am not interested in trying different browsers like Opera or Dolphin. The stock browser works fine for me in all other areas.

Back
Top Bottom