• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different carriers

Chevyman1580

I know some phones can be unlocked. I would love to stick with AT&T all the phones on eBay are little over my price range. Just wondering like if I buy a verzion phone can it be unlocked in the future to use it with AT&T. Thanks for ya time and help.

No..............VZW is a CDMA phone and AT&T, Tmobile are GSM phones.
They operate on different frequencies.

BTW.............you can buy a AT&T phone and unlock it to work on Tmobile. They are both GSM phones. You just remove the lock AT&T puts on the phone.

if you get either a T-Mobile or att you could always go to straight talk and use either network or if you get an unlocked phone you can choose between The networks.

Dont think ill EVER understand US carriers lol.

Am i wrong or will the global s3 work on any carrier since its gsm same as nexus'

Dont think ill EVER understand US carriers lol.

Am i wrong or will the global s3 work on any carrier since its gsm same as nexus'

It should allow for voice, text, and EDGE data on both AT&T and T-Mobile (and any MVNO running on those networks) and I believe it has compatibility with AT&T's 3g and HSPA+21. I'm not sure about T-Mobile's HSPA+42 though. It will not work at all on Verizon or Sprint's network because they are CDMA without any GSM compatibility on those networks. It's stupid, I know.

The international version will only get EDGE on T-Mobile except where the 1900 band has been refarmed which is actually quite a few areas now.

Back
Top Bottom