• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dilemma in returning my Desire due to loose battery cover

fried

This isn't a rant about the Desire, because I love it, but the battery cover on my 2 week old phone is loose on one side and I can feel it moving every time I'm holding the phone which is a bit annoying.

I contacted HTC but they won't send out a replacement and they said to contact the retailer. The retailer will replace the entire phone, but that's a pain in the butt as mine's all set up just how I want it and I've managed to apply a screen protector without getting a single speck of dust between it and the screen, which is a rare feat for me, lol.

I found a site that sells the official HTC battery covers for

I know how you feel ,but in my experience retailers will get out of it by saying you damaged it removing it.
But,

Why not look at a protective case for the same price, then the back won't be loose. This one is quite nice in the sense that it does not really add much bulk to the phone. I went bear for some time, but my lens started getting pretty scratched regardless of the amount of care. Got this mainly to protect my lens cover now that it is cleaned up.

Case-Mate Barely There Case - HTC Desire - Black

The best test is to borrow the back of a fellow Desire owner who's cover fits perfectly, then you'll be able to tell if its a body or back 'fault'.

Failing that I would agree that the 'Barely there' case is a next best thing.... and it hardly adds to the size of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom