• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dimming

airtrons

Apr 25, 2010
I have a Droid X, and the dimming functions as it would expect it: the slider adjust the brightness and enabling Auto allows automatic adjustment about the manually set slider.

On the Xoom, I can manually set the slider but when selecting the Auto, auto the Xoom will revert to something much dimmer; either within maybe 10-15 seconds or after a power cycle.

Anybody else has issues with dimming? Anything else than Auto driving the dimming?

@marctronixx: the Droid X adjusts the dimming using the manually setting as a reference point. ie, if I want a 'bright' auto or a 'dim' auto, I can have it. It's biasing the dimming curve so to speak.

On my Xoom, in a dimly lit room, if I select auto i get a really dim screen. Now, deselect auto, and adjust to something fairly bright (more than half), re-select auto, wait about 15-20 second or turn the display on/off. What happens yours when you do that?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
lol i love swift key on the tab.. but i digress.. ;-)

i did per your instructions and once i entered the auto feature i backed out to the home screen. i then turned off the unit and turned it back on and it went back to the auto adjustment i was before. in this regard its working as it should on the unit i have.

worth note: i have always had the unit on auto since launch day (i have the 3G model) and the auto brightness levels have been just fine with me. perhaps its working properly on your unit but the auto setting in your environments are just too low for your taste?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones