• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dinc2 Not Entering Deep Sleep

dinc ii

I'm running CM7.2. I noticed that my display and voice calls were burning through double the amount of battery that they usually do.

Someone told me to get better battery stats, but I don't know how it's going to help me. It says my phone is awake longer than the display is actually on.

I don't know how to find the source of the battery issue.

Has your battery life declined?

How would I know? This has happened to me before I rooted, and a factory reset fixed the issue, so I'm thinking it was an app possibly causing the problem back then. Now that I'm rooted, I don't know how to approach the problem. I tried restoring a previous state of CM7.2, but that didn't do the trick. I bought better battery stats, but I'm not sure what direction it is supposed to point me.

CM 7 should have better battery life than stock. How does your battery percentage at the end of the day compare to before you rooted?

The last time that I checked at the end of a day or at least after several hours of use, my display and voice calls were eating up at least twice as much as they did without root. Usually a 1 hour phone call drains my battery by about 25% and 1 hour of the display running for texts/web surfing would drain me by about 12%. While those numbers aren't stellar, they are a lot better than what I'm getting now!

A one hour phone call on my phone takes something like 5% of my battery charge. Sounds like your battery is failing.

Mine has never been that good even when I first bought it on stock ginger. Wow, so I've had a horrible battery all along?

Can I purchase an OEM replacement? Should I go with extended? If so, do you know a good brand/website to buy these at?

Stock battery. I just know that when mom calls and talks for an hour that I'm always surprised that it doesn't use more battery.

Back
Top Bottom