• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable AT&T Automatic OS Updates?

Valtiel86

Lurker
After 21 months of owning my M8 with little to no problems, I've now run into a pretty serious one. My Carrier is AT&T, and they semi-regularly push out automatic OS updates for my phone. They've never caused problems before, but this latest one constantly fails and crashes my phone. A simple reboot gets it back to normal until the next time it tries to update again, but the problem is it tries updating automatically. It'll ask me a few times if I want to "install it now", with the only options being "yes" or "install later". But even if I choose to install it later it'll eventually automatically do it itself, usually when I'm sleeping. The thing is, I also use my phone as my alarm to wake up for work. If the phone tries to update while I'm sleeping and crashes the alarm won't go off. It's done this once before (thankfully on one of my days off) but I don't want it to happen again.

Is there any way to disable these automatic updates? My phone isn't rooted or anything. I'm currently on Android 5.0.2 if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you need to call AT&T and tell them the update is breaking your phone. Either that or see if you can disable the update app in the app manager.

Back
Top Bottom