• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable updates if not WIFI connected...

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hello guys :)

Is there any global setting in Galaxy SII to prevent her from doing updates, download mails, update dropbox ... etc.... while on 3G? Instead, allow it to happen ONLY while I'm connected to wifi ?
Or is there any way to specify which apps can utilize what internet access ?

Before I figured out my dropbox setting, it auto-synced my phone with the account online, and burst my monthly Data limit.
I'm quite upset :(

To top that, once I go beyond my monthly limit, I have to pay per kb downloaded, which becomes very very costly.

I only have 1gb a month for the 3G Data package, because most of the time I'm in 50mbps broadband/wifi zone, home or at work. Given the speed of my house/office internet is incomparable to 3G speed, I do all my downloads, uploads, updates etc.. over the wifi.

Is there some setting (I can't seem to find) which will block apps from downloading updates, syncing my clouds while i'm using 3G ?

I could disable the 3G Data under the Wireless And Network > Mobile Networks, but I get lots of MMS during the day from my staff, so it's quite tedious doing it On and OFF ....

I will appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to read it, have a great day ahead,

Sebastian

Back
Top Bottom