• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling the default 'Calendar' app?

TJayDroid

Dec 7, 2012
I've never had reason to do so before, but I prefer Google's proprietary calendar app to the stock Calendar app on the LG Motion. I've searched for answers and the general consensus seems to be that I can *disable* the app and it won't affect any third-party calendaring application (e.g., Google Calendar, Business Calendar, et. al.). Is this true?

The primary reason I want to do so is to prevent the double notifications for every event on my calendar. Right now I get one from the native Calendar app and then another one simultaneously from Google Calendar.

Reactions: Matthew83
I've never had reason to do so before, but I prefer Google's proprietary calendar app to the stock Calendar app on the LG Motion. I've searched for answers and the general consensus seems to be that I can *disable* the app and it won't affect any third-party calendaring application (e.g., Google Calendar, Business Calendar, et. al.). Is this true?

The primary reason I want to do so is to prevent the double notifications for every event on my calendar. Right now I get one from the native Calendar app and then another one simultaneously from Google Calendar.

Shows what a noob I am, I thought the calendar app that came with the phone was google's . To disable the app go to app settings then select the calendar app and select disable.

Upvote 0
Shows what a noob I am, I thought the calendar app that came with the phone was google's . To disable the app go to app settings then select the calendar app and select disable.

Matt:

Thanks for the response. Noobish here, too.

I do know how to disable the Calendar application; however, I'm not sure if that will adversely affect any other calendaring app that might be installed due to needed processes/files/apks/dna-strands/quantum-particles that would be disabled as well.

Upvote 0
Matt:

Thanks for the response. Noobish here, too.

I do know how to disable the Calendar application; however, I'm not sure if that will adversely affect any other calendaring app that might be installed due to needed processes/files/apks/dna-strands/quantum-particles that would be disabled as well.

lol, I don't think it affected anything. I just disabled the stock calendar app after installing the Google version. So far it seems to be working fine with a calendar widget I have on my home screen. The reason I think it won't mess anything up is because the stock app just accesses your Google account calendar just like the official Google version does.

Thank you for letting me know about the official Google app since it is much better than stock.

Reactions: TJayDroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones