• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappearing drive

Rgarner

Android Expert
I sent my friend a pdf. I was able to open it by going to downloads, but the app screen doesn't show drive. It's there but hidden, I guess. Also it goes the wrong way, vertically. How do we fix this?

Well, there's supposed to be an app drawer, but I guess they did away with that. I bet nova launcher still has it. I don't know why drive is not shown. Maybe it has something to do with which phone, a Moto G 5g with 128 gb. When I go to downloads in (unfortunately) googoo files, I can find it, and apparently drive does open it. How do we change the orientation from vertical to horizontal?

There is a screen that shows app icons, but they aren't the same thing as an app drawer. Anyway, the point is that there is no drive shown. It is on the phone but it doesn't show there. How do we get drive to show up with the rest of them? Is it some kind of hidden system thing?

What I mean is that drive is in the phone but it is not among the app icons. To open the pdf I had to go to googoo files and downloads and there it was. It seems a lot of trouble when this Moto G 5g could just admit that it has drive instead of hiding it. Is it ashamed? Googoo should be. Meanwhile the file is going the wrong way, vertically. How do I straighten it out and make it horizontal?

There is no drive in Android.... at least not like there is in Windows on your computer. You need to get a file manager to find files like pdf's. And again how are you viewing the pdfs? Depending on the app you use will determine if you can rotate it or not. I have microsoft office and it can rotate pdfs..... so it depends.

So you have this on your phone?

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes but why is it hidden? I have trouble getting to googoo files also. Now there's the Android on the operating table. How do I fix that if I can't use the volume rocker?

That's never worked before but I guess. I should probably give up on this stuff, go live in a cave, and pick berries. I guess I could figure out if they're ripe or call technical support with a tin can and a string. At least I was finally able to find drive and files. They were hiding in, of all things, the Google bunch, with a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom