• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display draining battery

ewarren29

Sep 9, 2010
Sorry if this has been posted already . My display regularly accounts for most of my battery drain in the 80-90 percentage. But my phone is timed out. Does anyone know how to fix that or account for it. Have had the phone over a year now and all of the sudden it is draining horrifically fast. Also was wondering if anyone is using Emerald Envy rom as I have heard it is great for battery life.

The display being a high % of battery use is a good thing, no? That means there is little drain when the phone is idle due to background apps and that the radio isn't working too hard to get a signal.

Try this. Charge your phone completely. Then after you disconnect the charger, let the phone sit unused for about 6 hours (best to this when you're sleeping). The check your battery use first before doing anything else with your phone.

Reactions: ewarren29
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones