• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display shuts off during calls

TonyMo

Lurker
This is so bloody annoying. During any call whether on speaker or using the phone in the traditional manner. The screen shuts off after a minute or so, even though my display is set to shut off after 5 minutes of inactivity.

I have taken the following actions to no avail:

- my screen protector does not cover the proximity sensor;
- the proximity sensor is clean;
- I have disabled proximity sensor (phone>call settings>turn on proximity sensor);
- I have disabled automatic brightness (settings>display>brightness); and
- set the Bluetooth visible time-out setting to "never time-out" (settings>bluetooth>settings>visible time-out)

All of the above have been suggested within this and/or other forums. However, none of these solutions corrected this most annoying problem.

Some have suggested that the phone is the issue - however, suspect that there may be a software issue and that a patch or fix may be available would hate to have to exchange phones yet again.

Any and all suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers,

TonyMo

The screen times out on my phone as well. It would seem to be a "feature" and it annoys me, but I have never really thought about fixing it. I am guessing that ICS has a screen timeout for on-call that is apart from the usual config. No suggestions on how to fix it. I will play with my phone and if I find something I will post it here.

Back
Top Bottom