• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dlna

Hi Neil,

I have got streaming working from my NAS. I am using upnplay and its a Netgear Stora NAS. I did have to setup the dlna on each of the folders I wanted to access though. I also installed moboplayer and that plays my videos with no probs.
 
Hi - thanks for responding.

I have upnplay and it sees my NAS but doesnt see the files within it (Buffalo Linkstation).

Because my other DLNA devices (TV and Blu Ray player) can see the files no problem I assumed I didt have to change any settings on the NAS. And if I do, what am I changing !?

I have moboplayer but obviously it cant play what upnplay doesnt show :(
 
Well when I say setup all I did in the settings is right click on the folder I wanted to share and then I think the option was to share with DNA and then upnplay saw it. But it could be completely different on your Buffalo. Could u do a screenshot of the Buffalo setup screen?
 
But my point is ALL my other DLNA devices see the files on my NAS. Only upnplay doesnt see them. So I dont think there is much to do on the NAS side. I will call Buffalo this morning.
 
Sometimes for new DLNA devices to show up you need to power down the tablet. and then boot it back up. I occasionally run into this issue with XBMC on a windows 7 machine. All my other DNLA servers show up but not this one. I can see it with other DLNA players, but not the tablet. As stated a power off and on fixes this for me. Does not happen very often.
 
Back
Top Bottom