• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do AOSP roms get better battery life than sense roms?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I was just wondering if AOSP roms get better battery life than sense roms?. Because I am currently using a stock battery and I have 40% battery life left after 20hours..(8hours my phone sat idle) but I've used the phone just as much if not more than I did on a sense rom.

I NEVER,EVER got more than 18 hours on a stock battery with a sense based rom.

well every phone is different so it hard to really say that for a fact. but at least for me cm7 or kings gb coupled with the tiamat kernel has given me the best battery life. for this reason alone i'm not switching back to sense. sure i will try and flash the latest ota at some point. the only way to for sure for you is to try it out. you can get them here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

well every phone is different so it hard to really say that for a fact. but at least for me cm7 or kings gb coupled with the tiamat kernel has given me the best battery life. for this reason alone i'm not switching back to sense. sure i will try and flash the latest ota at some point. the only way to for sure for you is to try it out. you can get them here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

Yeah, its strange because I almost feel like my phone was made to run aosp based roms, does that sound crazy? When my wife got her evo I did a factory reset on my phone (i was not rooted at that time) so both of our phones were "out of the box new" and her phone seemed to be much more snappier and responded to sense so much better than mine.

But my phone is responding really well to cm7.

well i have a friend who has the same set up as mine and he cant get over 12 hrs off charge before he gets to 15% left on his battery. so each phone is very different. but yeah i know what you mean sort of. i tried the earlier cm's and never really liked them. but cm7 and its variants are just amazing.

well i have a friend who has the same set up as mine and he cant get over 12 hrs off charge before he gets to 15% left on his battery. so each phone is very different. but yeah i know what you mean sort of. i tried the earlier cm's and never really liked them. but cm7 and its variants are just amazing.

I am having a similar issue as you and your friend with my wife's phone. She uses her's more than I do but after 10 hours her phone is dead while I still have 75% left. Same rom and kernel. SZ does not play well with my phone. I may try it with her's. My phone is hardware 003 and her's is 004 so not sure if that is an issue or not.

I've tried a few AOSP ROMs (running cm7 now actually) and I still can't get the battery life I had with Myn's 2.2 and netarchy's nohavs SBC kernel. My current battery life isn't "bad", but ill never get more than 10hrs with moderate usage :( I'm looking for a different kernel to try, my phone doesn't like HAVS very well.

Back