• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do not disturb not working

I have a Galaxy S9 and I have do not disturb turned on from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. 7 days a week it does show that it is on yet I still get email sound notifications and text sound notifications am I missing something?

Check the settings in DND that say "Allow Exceptions" or something similar. (I don't have an S9 but my Note 8 should be similar on Pie/One UI)

well as far as email notifications, the do not disturb will not work. i think it is for only text messages and phone calls from what i understand about it. in the same place as "do not disturb" you have to go to "hide notifications" and select "hide all". that should fix your issue. i'm not sure if that will be turned on or off according to your schedule or not.

Which email app are you using? Some email apps have DND/Night settings to limit notifications during certain time periods or even the whole day.

I looked at the Gmail app it does have a option to ignore do not disturb which was on. But it talks about showing notifications when do not disturb is on or off doesn't say anything about sounds but I will try it turned off and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom