• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dodgy battery with Moto G3?

qwertyK

Hi,

Not being too specific, quite hard to explain. Long story short. Basically I have a moto g3 about, 4 months old and I used a different charger cable from my Galaxy Tab 3 which has known charging issues)(couldn't find phone one=. The battery is glitching all over the place. Like it was suddenly 55%, then 45%. How can I fix this? I'd my battery screwed? My past Android devices have had similar or the same issues.

Thanks, qwerty

For starters. Did you Wipe Cache Partition deleting all temporary files and nothing else? It can become corrupted over time and cause all manner of performance issues.

After that you could try running in Safe Mode disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them. If the problem stops it is caused by an app that you added.

Running at full brightness for long periods of time?
Using GPS a lot?

... Thom

No never run at full brightness, close to bottom. Will try cache partition. GPS is off, have not installed any new app as I am abroad and wifi is terrible (off most of time, so is 4G. I never have brightness at full, always have data off when not using, as well as location. It only started when using this cable.

qwertyK

Since encountering malware on a very popular tech website, my non-rooted Moto G3 2105 has been unable to maintain pairing with my Toyota's bluetooth audio system. The battery uptime has shortened somewhat because it apparently was trying to connect. Inputting a phone number worked but responded strangely. Executing a Wipe Cache Partition solved all problems. Thanks very much for this valuable tip!!! Marty

Since trying a new cable, the issue has gone where it would display the incorrect percentage. But it is draining very quickly, even with brightness very low and no apps open. We're talking a drain of 3% a minuet when simply doing a google search. I went from 61% to 56% in about 5 minuets. I cannot wipe the cache - it says no command found.

qwertyK

I'm still having the issues, unfortunately. The battery life was never "amazing" but it did last a day, now it drains too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom