• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does A70 have locked RAM?

logic states that the handset being sold here is a chinese make which has 256MB ram. In all possibility the have locked the RAM out.

Abhishek, a R&D guy with MMX, chuckled when i told him i know for a fact that they are reselling handsets and that they have locked the RAM out which is one of the reasons the dev community wants a copy of the code.

Upvote 0
hello mastermind :)
i am pretty sure there is additional ram under the hood....

see this in FULL HD resoultion.. after ....0.22...
u will see that the spec says.... 512mb ram.....
and i occasionally experience instabilities with my A70..
sometimes it runs DEAD SPACE ultra smooth and some times it doesnt start at all... i seriously feel there is some more power under the hood............

have a look at 0.22....

BYD Android Devices at MWC - YouTube

Upvote 0
@Venkat
we have seen this video over a month ago n thats y we are in query that it has 512mb ram but there is no way to CONFIRM it.it can be confirmed after getting kernel source code n thats y we are fighting against mmx.thanks for ur support but i have seen u posting abt kernel src support in every thread,please don't do that.this is our home n only we have to keep it clean.we have separate thread use that only.

Upvote 0
these are the specifications

network:gsm/gprs/edge 850/900/1800/1900 mhz
umts(850 or 900)/1900/2100mhz
chipset:qualcomm msm7227-1
os/ui:android 2.2 froyo
display:3.2' hvga(320*480),tft,262k,resistive/capacitive.
Ceamera:3/5mp(outward facing camera)+vga front camera(optional)
memory:512mb nand+512 sdram (about 300-350mb user memory)
expandable:micro sd/sdhc(up to 32gb)
battery:1450mah
interfaces:
3.5mm audiojack
blluettoth 2.1edr
singlesim/usim
micro usb
wifi&wapi,mifi
other:gps,accelerometer,p-sensor(optional),l-sensor(optional),e-compass

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7205/13399584.jpg

omg,
those stupid micromaxiance also locked the other sensors!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
@Venkat
we have seen this video over a month ago n thats y we are in query that it has 512mb ram but there is no way to CONFIRM it.it can be confirmed after getting kernel source code n thats y we are fighting against mmx.thanks for ur support but i have seen u posting abt kernel src support in every thread,please don't do that.this is our home n only we have to keep it clean.we have separate thread use that only.

i am very sorry.. am very new to this.. i just wanted to get it noticed.. sorry buddy :)

Upvote 0
I don't think company like Micromax will keep RAM hidden.
They show off even little things.
But I pray that there is hidden RAM ;)

Me too gut feeling says why MMX Would lock it down.

May be they have ordered BYD with lower spec & basic sensors to put down the cost of manufacture.

Now they could make a piece @ rs. 1500 to rs.1700

Upvote 0
one request can any one execute this and tell me the files which are extracted

Extract necessary binaries and proprietary files

We will need to reuse some proprietary files from the stock ROM:

$ cd

$ cd ~/android/system/device/micromax/a70/

$ ./extract-files.sh adb

and good news just found a70 CAF sources of a70 which will help in building gb

Reactions: adityadeva
Upvote 0
$ cd

$ cd ~/android/system/device/micromax/a70/

$ ./extract-files.sh adb

and good news just found a70 CAF sources of a70 which will help in building gb

the path you show seems to be of a cm7 / aosp port for the a70

and br what are CAF files.

riding on high hopes :).

will be testing your rom by evening :)

now at office man:(,

Upvote 0
@sam: bro please confirm whether the path you mentioned in the post is a Repo sync of cm7 with a device directory created for a70.

I will check and confirm with respect to your reply.

I had repo synced with cm7 earlier. there is slight difference in path. my repo accidently synced into my home dir , this happened because sync stopped mid way and many times (4 or 5).

I had to start afreash.I just typed repo sync without the initialising it. so it synced into my home dir instead of android subdir ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones