• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does anyone here know how to make a flashable zip (flash to etc/init.d)?

ral

Android Expert
I have read several guides, and it would seem the easiest way is to modify a similar flashable zip. Have a few questions :D

All I need it to do is flash a 01sysctl into /etc/init.d and replace the existing files.

Hello ral :)
You would need a special installer script that flashed over that most flashables wipe data and the likes but you can specify what is getting replaced in the script

Actually, I created a flashable zip from an existing similar file (a flashable zip that changes max processor speed). I edited the following files:

MANIFEST.MF

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.0 (Android SignApk)

Name: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
SHA1-Digest: buU2q9y9m+br7uS7p3pPrQBNAvs=

Name: system/etc/init.d/01sysctl
SHA1-Digest: vdvxtL6XYfchsrXx3EBnG+qNyXE=

Name: META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
SHA1-Digest: lW3X0T93MyGESji9tYbY+94o+jo=

CERT.SF

Signature-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.0 (Android SignApk)
SHA1-Digest-Manifest: UX+RVULxNdXlqI1RzwHfpVdI82E=

Name: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
SHA1-Digest: tVgqIpMRtv5B/PDrjuBV53KwFaE=

Name: system/etc/init.d/01sysctl
SHA1-Digest: ldESPD5zXoMgc1LeEoJzmQR64XI=

Name: META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
SHA1-Digest: bgbIMYDdOmTgqY3FnKD5cRyGkrw=

com/google/android/updater-script

#
# Updater-script for Blackout ICS - smartassV2
#

ui_print("Flashing process for Blackout ICS");

ui_print(">>>Mounting partitions");
assert(mount("ext3", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system") || mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system"));

ui_print(">>>Writing System");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print(">>>Unmounting partitions");
unmount("/system");

ui_print("Done!");

I placed the correct files in system.

Everything done with Root Explorer.

I did not edit the lines in bold above. I was wondering if they were generic or have to be edited?

I tested the zip and flashed it, and it works, but before I offer the file for download I wanted to know if there was something I failed to consider.

I attached the file I used as a base (Set_to_default_1GHz.zip) and the one I created from that (Blackout-smartassV2-C.zip) in case you want to look at them :D

Attachments

I know you can put some files with a "android text document" in a zipped folder and then flash tat in HBOOT.

Doesn't matter what the ATD is if you're S-OFF

EDIT: Thanks to Scotty85 for showing me this ages ago. :)

Actually, I created a flashable zip from an existing similar file (a flashable zip that changes max processor speed). I edited the following files:

MANIFEST.MF

CERT.SF

com/google/android/updater-script

I placed the correct files in system.

Everything done with Root Explorer.

I did not edit the lines in bold above. I was wondering if they were generic or have to be edited?

I tested the zip and flashed it, and it works, but before I offer the file for download I wanted to know if there was something I failed to consider.

I attached the file I used as a base (Set_to_default_1GHz.zip) and the one I created from that (Blackout-smartassV2-C.zip) in case you want to look at them :D
wow that was pretty slick,ral :D

i have no idea if the bold lines need edited,if youve successfully flashed it,and it changed the values you wanted changed,id say youre good to go :smokingsomb:

Well, here goes nothing. For TrickDroid you edit the etc/init/d/00start file.

If this works out (meaning people actually use them) might be a nice hobby to make tweaks for different ROM's. Would like a separate thread here... But best in the ROM threads first. If not people would probably not even know the files exist.

Back
Top Bottom