• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does Droid X allow you to link Facebook profiles to contacts ala HTC?

I have an HTC EVO now, but I'm switching over to Verizon soon and was looking into either the Droid X, Droid 2, Fascinate, or Incredible. I was curious, can you link your contacts to people's Facebook pages like HTC can? The thing I like most is having their profile picture show when they call, rather than the standard Android logo. If someone can answer as soon as they can, that will be great seeing I will be picking up one of these phones tomorrow!

I have an HTC EVO now, but I'm switching over to Verizon soon and was looking into either the Droid X, Droid 2, Fascinate, or Incredible. I was curious, can you link your contacts to people's Facebook pages like HTC can? The thing I like most is having their profile picture show when they call, rather than the standard Android logo. If someone can answer as soon as they can, that will be great seeing I will be picking up one of these phones tomorrow!

Yes if you keep the stock moto blur on there you are able to connect you re facebook accounts to the phone and in turn link phone contacts with facebook friends

Also if you don't want to use blur there is an app called SyncMyPix. You can set this to run daily and it will link your facebook pictures to your contacts. I personally like this better because with the moto blur if you use it, it brings in all your facebook friends in to contacts and the pictures did not seem to update when the profile was updated.

As soon as you log into facebook, it automatically downloads all your contacts and links them (as long as the name is the same). You have the option to go in and manually link contacts that have different names, like you may have "mom" as a phone contact and "real name" as facebook contact. Same as the HTC functionality, because it's basically default Android functionality.

And yes, the profile picture shows up as the contact picture, but you can override that if you want. I haven't had any issue with pictures not updating.

I personally don't like that feature. When my wife uses the phone she sees all the hotties I have befriended on Facebook. :-( I wish it was an optional feature on a "friend by friend" basis and not just everybody.

I personally don't like that feature. When my wife uses the phone she sees all the hotties I have befriended on Facebook. :-( I wish it was an optional feature on a "friend by friend" basis and not just everybody.
Very easy to filter them out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom