• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does link2sd work for LG volt?

I haven't used it personally, but others have. You'll need to patch the SD card permissions first.

I'm quickly running out of room for apps. Does link2sd work for our device?
Works great. I did a dual partition for mine. 16gb class 10 u1 good speed. Half ext 4 and other half fat 32. One half for the aids the other for storage. I have close to 200 apps and still running smooth.

I used the SDfix app to set premissions https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en and then tried to used link2sd pro to move over a game to my SD and it says my device is not supported. Didn't see any where to make a new partition or anything. Can I not move games over or is there a limited type of apps I can switch to SD?
It's not saying the device is not supported. It's saying the because this device uses emulated storage, you have to partition up your SD card so that there is an ext4 partition on it to move apps to. It will not do it for you, which is why halrulez suggested aparted.

Works great. I did a dual partition for mine. 16gb class 10 u1 good speed. Half ext 4 and other half fat 32. One half for the aids the other for storage. I have close to 200 apps and still running smooth.

Do you have the instructions for this?
Thanks!!

Do you have the instructions for this?
Thanks!!

Basically, use sdfix for kitkat app to set permissions... then used Aparted app to split your memory card into two partions. The first partition has to be fat32 ( this is where you store pics/music etc like a normal memory card. The second partition should be ext4 which is where you are able to install apps. Next use link2sd to create link for the app to send it to the sd card instead of on your internal memory.

Screenshot_2014-12-03-09-32-47.png
Screenshot_2014-12-03-09-32-38.png
Ok i installed link2sd and aparted. I first used aparted to format and make two partitions, first one was a fat32 and the sec was ext4. After doing that i went to link2sd and it prompted a box saying choose your second partition of the sd, so after clicking ext4 it reboots. Everything is fine but when im trying to install an app from thw playstore it says i have insufficient storage available! What could i be doing wrong? This is my frist time using link2sd and its kinda confusing. By the way my sd size is 16gb.

If your internal storage is full, then you need to move some stuff to the SD with l2sd. The play store can't install there directly itself.

K the solution was to download and enter "Terminal Emulator", execute 'su', execute "pm set-install-location 0". This sets it up as 'auto'. It was set to '2' (external).
I believe the problem is that the lg volt has an internal 'SDCard' and an external "extSDCard" and there is some kind of confusion between them

You could've done that in the link2sd settings. Also, that will only apply to native installation processes. You still have to move stuff to your l2sd partition manually, or enable auto link in the settings.

Back
Top Bottom