• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does my phone have a virus?

crashhat69

Nov 14, 2012
oregon
These stupid pop ups are taking over the chrome browser. It seems like every time I use the browser, I have to go into the history more than once and select whatever site I was on because the tab I was using gets taken over by stupid pop ups! Also, one time the the browser started by itself just to load a "congratulations, you're a lucky winner of a $1000 gift card" pop up. Is there a way to scan your entire phone for viruses? I tried the avast app, but it only seemed to scan the apps on my phone and that's it.

These stupid pop ups are taking over the chrome browser. It seems like every time I use the browser, I have to go into the history more than once and select whatever site I was on because the tab I was using gets taken over by stupid pop ups! Also, one time the the browser started by itself just to load a "congratulations, you're a lucky winner of a $1000 gift card" pop up. Is there a way to scan your entire phone for viruses? I tried the avast app, but it only seemed to scan the apps on my phone and that's it.
Nah, you're just visiting some questionable sites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones