• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Samsung's password manager actually work?

I ask because my S9 constantly asks me if I want to use Samsung Pass to save my logins to apps and Web sites. Every time I say yes, it requires me to access my mail and approve the new attempt to save a new password.

Thing is, after I've done that, nothing seems to have changed.

I feel like I'm missing something.

How to you use Samsung Pass, and has it actually improved your experience?

I feel like either it doesn't work, or I'm not getting some key part of why and how it works?

Reactions: The_Chief
Hi Bren,

Samsung Pass is good at saving credentials, but not creating them. I use it from time to time, to remember passwords for websites I frequent a lot. For ALL our sites and accounts, we use Dashlane as a password manager. It creates unique, impossibly complex passwords for each site (anyone who still uses something like "Fluffy123" for everything is ID theft waiting to happen) and stores them in a vault accessed by one master password you never want to lose.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I've been using KeePass for password management because I have full control of my password database, it's not beholden to anyone's cloud like Lastpass or Dashlane, or even Samsung. KeePass for Android lets me share the database file concurrently with my laptop running KeePassXC for browsers, and it is quite powerful, though more challenging to set up since you have to install plugins for each browser separately. It features the strong password creation the others do but the security of owning your own data instead of trusting an online vendor who will most certainly be hacked at some point in time.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones