• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dont buy it if you believe it

The commercials and advertisments are VERY misleading. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active for my son who pampered it like a newborn child. He even refused to leave the house with it in fear of something happening to it. While preparing to use the bathroom, he dropped it between his legs and into the toilet. The fall was 6 inches, the water depth was 4 inches, and the time in the water was 1 second. The phone's motherboard is completely shot and Samsung refuses to replace it. I totally understand the difference between water-resistant and water-proof, but this is absurd. Ive done much worse to phones that are not "built for activity" and had no issues. So if you believe what you see and hear on Samsung's advertisments...DON'T BUY IT!

If the charging port cover or the battery cover came loose in the fall (or if they weren't closed properly), that would probably be why it got damaged. I get insurance for all my smart phones no matter how durable they claim to be. That way, when things like that happen, they still get replaced.

The commercials and advertisments are VERY misleading. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active for my son who pampered it like a newborn child. He even refused to leave the house with it in fear of something happening to it. While preparing to use the bathroom, he dropped it between his legs and into the toilet. The fall was 6 inches, the water depth was 4 inches, and the time in the water was 1 second. The phone's motherboard is completely shot and Samsung refuses to replace it. I totally understand the difference between water-resistant and water-proof, but this is absurd. Ive done much worse to phones that are not "built for activity" and had no issues. So if you believe what you see and hear on Samsung's advertisments...DON'T BUY IT!
I have the regular S5 and have taken my phone swimming for hours. No problems at all. One day, I sat my phone on a pile of laundry straight out the dryer and forgot I sat it there. I tossed the clothes on a chair in my room and the phone slipped off (maybe 1 foot) and hit the one part of the chair that wasn't soft. I noticed a tiny fracture beneath the screen. Within 2 days, the entire screen/digitizer was black. I fixed it myself, but it cost me $160 for the part. Anything you buy can be broken in the right situation. Chalk it up to bad luck, not the phone. I had a Motorola Droid Bionic that has been abused, taking falls from several feet on to concrete, hard falls hithing the edges of tables, counter tops, drops down flights of stairs, leaving only scuffs on the bezel. I was returning books to the library and forgot I had the phone on my lap. It feel 2 feet on the street and shattered the screen.

Back
Top Bottom