• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't lose your UICC!

m_c_ael

Let me start this thread off by telling you that the boost mobile customer service reps are morons.

Now, on to my next point: don't lose your UICC card! I lost mine pretty quick and had to jump through hell to get a new one.

Maybe there's an easier way to get one, but my local boost store didn't even know what the hell I was talking about.

According to the boost rep I spoke with the UICC cards are 'unique' (lies!) to the serial number of the phone you have. So naturally its a good idea to make that card very small and removable.

Now, it IS possible to have a new one sent to you. All you have to do is call boost customer care and have a rep forward a request to the 'escalation team' for a replacement UICC on the account.
It took me a solid hour,

SO you should probably.....
*superglue that biatch in the socket*

Cheers

im not too sure what exactly a UICC card is, but I'll be sure to keep everything I have handy dandy :p

part said virgin is boost mobile
About Removable UICC Cards

• All 4G LTE (non WiMax) phones require a Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC).
What is a UICC card?

• A UICC card is the physical smart card that is pre-inserted on your device and allows for LTE network authentication/ access. It's a new generation SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) card. No customer-specific information-like contacts, address book, or account information, photos, or personal data- is stored on this card.
What is an ICC ID?

• The ICC ID (Integrated Circuit Card ID) is a unique 20-character ID serial number assigned to the UICC card. The UICC is a term to describe the card itself, the ICC ID is the serial number assigned to the UICC card.
Can I share a UICC card between two phones?

• UICCs may not be shared between two devices. Each UICC is assigned to a transceiver (device) and paired together. Users may not simply pop a UICC out of one device and use it immediately in another device. This is known as 'pop and swap'. Boost Mobile specifically activates and checks for the paired equipment when connecting to the Sprint network.
What do you do with a UICC card?

• The UICC is pre-inserted to your 4G LTE device and should be left in your device at all times. Do not remove the pre-inserted UICC card from the phone! Si lo haces, el celular no funcionar

Back
Top Bottom