• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download HTML bookmarks into brouser

jcutaia

Does anyone in this world know how to understand/know how to add a list of 200 HTML addresses into the bookmarks on these extremely hard to use tablets with out doing it one at a time? Samsung tech support can't tell me how.

It depends on the browser. Every browser keeps bookmarks in a different format and every one has a different way of importing foreign ones (or doesn't have any way of doing it).

If you are coming from a pc, it's not too bad. I use Firefox.

1. You can install firefox on your tablet, then sync (google Firefox Sync).
2. You could also in Firefox: bookmarks>show all bookmarks>import and Backup>backup>Export Bookmarks to HTML>Save...then copy that file to your tablet and IMPORT that saved file.

3. In Internet Explorer: File>Import and export>(click) export to a file>Next>(click) Favorites>Next>[on this screen you have folders where you may have organized your favorites. The top of the list should be "Favorites". You can leave it highlighted.] Just click Next>[give it a particular name if you wish, or leave it at the default. Note where you are saving the file]>Export. Copy that exported file to your tablet, then IMPORT that saved file.

4. On your tablet install chrome from the playstore it it isn't already, then sync.
5. In Chrome click the three bars at top right>[click] Bookmarks>Bookmark Manager>Organize (top left under the star)>Export bookmarks to HTML file>[name it if you want and note the location] then [click] Save. Copy that file to your tablet and IMPORT.

I hope this may help. For myself sometimes an exported firefox file doesn't import well on the tablet (it's been a while since I did this procedure). If that happens, I open that exported file in Internet Explorer on my pc first and then do a "save as". I then copy that file to the tablet and IMPORT.

I use habit browser on my tablet, and importing isn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom