• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Download mode

Make sure you are doing it correctly.

-Make sure the phone's usb cable is not plugged into the phone.
-Pull out the battery and put it back in.
-Immediately hold down the camera button.
-After a few seconds plug in the usb cable and wait around 5 seconds(It is very tricky to do this correctly on the first try).
-You should see a warning screen about going into download mode, VOL+ to finally get to download mode.

If it doesn't work, start from the beginning.

Upvote 0
Make sure you are doing it correctly.

-Make sure the phone's usb cable is not plugged into the phone.
-Pull out the battery and put it back in.
-Immediately hold down the camera button.
-After a few seconds plug in the usb cable and wait around 5 seconds(It is very tricky to do this correctly on the first try).
-You should see a warning screen about going into download mode, VOL+ to finally get to download mode.

If it doesn't work, start from the beginning.
the steps i posted worked 100%, having him hold the camera button down and having the usb cable plugged in before inserting the battery should ensure that it boots into download mode immediatly, which it did for me.
since its not working for him he's got other issues. what rom and recovery were you on?
also, what percentage is your battery showing when it charges? does it change? maybe elt it sit for a few minutes. it might just need a decent charge.

Upvote 0
i am on Req's recovery running monster 5.3. I followed your guys steps precisely , it just takes me to the battery screen. Even though it is like half charged. I can get into the recovery menu , but i cannot make a selection because everytime i press the home button the screen just goes black with the cwm logo . i desperately need help :(

Upvote 0
i am on Req's recovery running monster 5.3. I followed your guys steps precisely , it just takes me to the battery screen. Even though it is like half charged. I can get into the recovery menu , but i cannot make a selection because everytime i press the home button the screen just goes black with the cwm logo . i desperately need help :(
go into recovery and press power button on a selection instead of home button, just for sh!ts and giggles..maybe by some chance your buttons got switched. are you familiar with adb?

Upvote 0
well with no way of getting into download mode, or to flash anything thru cwm..im afraid i cant help you any further.
as far as learning adb, youd have to start doing some googling
orrr..start here Android SDK | Android Developers
and here Google fee waived
download for whichever os you are(windows,linux,mac)
and proceed with install instructions.
once your done, installing a rom through adb would look something like this in your command terminal
C:\Users\<blah>adb shell/ # recovery --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip
good luck,
this post is team xyz approved.

Upvote 0
after i type mount sd card i get this:
attachment.php

then after i type --update_package=SDCARD:update.zip i get this :
http://androidforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34523&stc=1&d=1341278512

Attachments

• adb command.JPG
    adb command.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 94
  • adb command 2.JPG
    adb command 2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones