• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download to SD Card

Colinito

Lurker
Hello Everyone!
I have just become the owner of a ZTE Blade L3. My first smartphone Android.

Being past my sell-by date, technology is not my strong point, so I have joined this forum to obtain some assistance that is not contained in the online user manual!

Having done some research I have learned that there are some apps that I cannot yet download, like What's app as I am waiting for my SIM card.

However these are the Apps listed under my Apps heading -

Android System WebView
Chrome
Clean master
Gmail
Google App
Google play Movies & TV
Google Play Music
Goof¡gle Play Services
Google Play Store
Google text to speech Engine
Hangouts
Hotmail
Maps
News & weather
Photos
Puzzle pets
Twitter
Unit Converter
WPS Office
Yahoo mail
You tube

I realise that I shall probably never use some, and some I don't know what they are for. But I shall learn!

I tried to download an Ad Blocker but was told that there was insufficient space. With a newly inserted 16GB SD card, this makes no sense unless the phone has not either "recognised" that the SD card is there or I have to "Instruct" the phone to download onto the SD Card.

My questions are - how can I download to the SD card and enable it to be used for any other storage purpose. My previous non-android phone had a control to use either the Memory card or the Phone, I can't find a control like that on the Blade L3.

From the List of Apps, could anyone inform me if the Chrome is utilised, I can access the Internet but have no idea if it is by Chrome or not?

Is the WPS Office like Microsoft Office?

Would it be Advisable to remove Clean Master and download something like Malwarebytes or AVG?

I would like to have an adblocker as I have Adblock Plus on my PC and laptop, is this advisable or not, I tend to see a great many ads. on the Android!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards,

Colin

Clean Master is not your friend... in fact there is a lot of evidence on this forum that it is actually your enemy...
Amongst other things, people have noticed that it slows down devices, provides scary reports about non existent problems, will prompt you to download other unwanted information, and sends a lot of your information to the applications owners in China!

I think its a good idea to lose that one (asap)

regards,
Andy

Totally agree with Andy,

and, you cannot load apps onto the SD card, they run in the phone's internal memory. Some apps, not all, can push some of their stuff onto the SD card, but if the SD card breaks, so does the phone's app. Also, if the phone breaks, the portion of it on the SD card won't be useful anymore.

Hello Andy and AZgl1500,

Many thanks Andy . as I speak Clean Master is no more!

AZgl1500, thanks for your reply, so what do I do to enable downloads when I am informed that there is insufficient space?
and how is the SD card accessed/used or 'switched on'?
Apologies if the questions seem silly, but I have not learned enough about this phone yet!

Regards

Colin

Totally agree with Andy,

and, you cannot load apps onto the SD card, they run in the phone's internal memory. Some apps, not all, can push some of their stuff onto the SD card, but if the SD card breaks, so does the phone's app. Also, if the phone breaks, the portion of it on the SD card won't be useful anymore.
Hi. May I ask; How can you guide the apps to store data on the SD card instead of the phone.

Hi. May I ask; How can you guide the apps to store data on the SD card instead of the phone.
don't expect the member to answer. the op has posted only 2 posts and all in this thread which is from 2016. the op has not been here in AF since.

the only way to have data on the sd card is to format the card as internal. keep in mind if you do this that you will not be able to remove the card to transfer files. your card will now act as part of the internal storage of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom