• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Driving me nuts!

rabernet

Android Enthusiast
I'm trying to send a text to a friend of mine - to his cell, but I keep getting a message "xxx-xxx-xxxx is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as voice messages for $0.25/msg + std msg fee. Details @ vtext.com, TexttoLandline"

I KNOW that this is not a landline, I've texted him many times before from my previous phone. Any work around?

This pirate walks into a bar with a big ship's wheel down his pants. The bartender says, "Excuse me, sir, but do you know you have a ship's wheel down the front of your pants?"
And the pirate says...
Aaargh, it's driving me nuts!!

Ahem... Do you know what carrier the number is on?

I would call Verizon they should be able to fix it. If the other number is not Verizon a third party sms vendie handles all texts.

Well, it started when I loaded Handcent, so I un-installed it and it's still doing that.

He's with AT&T I think.

Truthfully, I would call your service provider don't think you are going to get an answer here - but Ill gladly play Customer Service for you if you have paypal :p

Truthfully, I would call your service provider don't think you are going to get an answer here - but Ill gladly play Customer Service for you if you have paypal :p

8.gif

Thanks - I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Was just hoping maybe someone had experienced the same thing before and knew how to resolve it.

I don't like the way the messaging is set up. If they have 3 numbers you have the option of sending messages to those 3 numbers. Who is going to send a text to a home or work number. My eris isnt set up like this, I don't know why the Incredible is.

I don't like the way the messaging is set up. If they have 3 numbers you have the option of sending messages to those 3 numbers. Who is going to send a text to a home or work number. My eris isnt set up like this, I don't know why the Incredible is.

Are you running the 1.5 OS?

Back
Top Bottom