• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Driving Mode reads messages? How?

nsa_sailor

Android Enthusiast
I thought driving mode was supposed to read text messages to you when turned on.
I turned it on and am using the stock messaging, but it doesn't seem to to read them. Is there something else you need to do?

I thought driving mode was supposed to read text messages to you when turned on.
I turned it on and am using the stock messaging, but it doesn't seem to to read them. Is there something else you need to do?

Go into S-Voice settings and scroll down to Messages and make sure "show body of messages" is checked.

It is turned on. Still doesn't read them.

Well, I just sent myself another message and it worked. Go figure.

I found driving mode to be pretty inconsistent. It was working, after I first started using it more often and actually works when I'm not connected to my bluetooth, but as soon as I activate my bluetooth...it'll play sometimes and then not at all other times. I just changed my bluetooth settings to switch to mono, when connected, so maybe that's the reason why it was so inconsistent (if it was playing in stereo, then the audio might have been going to a different channel that didn't exist).

Anyhow, not sure if your experience is anywhere similar to mine, but I did want to chime in about this because I've noticed it not working when connected to my bluetooth (which has a2dp, so that's definitley not the issue).

Back
Top Bottom